From 1635 to 1658 for protection of the southern borders of Russia against attacks of the Tatar hordes the so-called Belgorod defensive line, the continuous strengthened line located across the main ways of possible invasions was constructed.
For construction of the Belgorod line natural natural barriers – the woods, ravines, bogs, hills, the rivers were as much as possible used, and man-made strengthenings were built wooden and earth, stone fortresses weren't based. Such military and technical approach is connected not only with availability of the earth and a tree in the region, but also that poorly armed Tatar cavalry, fast, but not resistant, in the XVII century didn't conduct a long siege of the cities. For such opponent derevozemlyany strengthenings served as quite serious strengthening.
At the same time with construction of fortress in 1640 the first wooden Hotmyzhsky Church of the Resurrection was built.
In one of the remained archival documents devoted to the device of the Znamensky man's Monastery (that was under construction then in the same regions), we find the message that is sent to Church of the Resurrection:
"And on Hotmyzhskoye to cathedral Church of the Resurrection it is sent a church structure: a meat image of Christ's Revival з dvanadesyaty holidays, an image Prechistyya of the Virgin of Odegitriya, an image Prechistyya of the Virgin zaprestolny, doors church with prelates with stolpets and a shade, the Deesis, 11 icons, a cross big wooden, a cross osenyany wooden, vessels tin, a censer copper, Kandla in what water consecrate, a church chandelier copper with a brush, an ukropnik of copper, 2 copes mitkalenny, 2 sticharions polotnany, 2 potrakhel, 2 epimanikia, 2 belts nitny, on a throne индитъя yes an altar cloth, on an altar — the top and ispodny altar cloths or air, 2 veils, cast, антимис, to imperial doors a boom. Books: The gospel altar obolocheno a velvet, evangelists silver, the Gospel sensible, the Charter, the Apostle, 4 books of the trilogy in all year, Minya opshchy, the missal, a consumer nickname, 2 Treodi, poyeny and color; The Psalmbook with following; and (words it is illegible) on 8 voices, the Psalmbook educational, Chasovnik; 3 pounds to an incense, a bucket of wine church, Miro is small, 4 bells, to weight in them on the 8th pood." Pisano on Moscow of summer of 7150 g of July in the 22nd day (1642) (RGADA, t. 210, book 10, ex. 161, nn. 383 — 405).
Ignatiy Ivanov and Semyon Iyevlev were the first priests in Church of the Resurrection. In the XIX century stone Church of the Resurrection (on the project of the architect Melnikov A.M. is constructed.) also it is consecrated in 1839. In pre-Soviet time the gilded silver cross presented to it in 1649 by the tsar Alexey Mikhaylovich in honor of a victory over the enemy was stored in the temple. Unfortunately, the cross is lost.
At the time of "Khruschev's thaw" the temple was destroyed, the belltower with a colonnade is completely demolished, and only in 1995 the decision on its restoration was made.
The temple was restored, and it was consecrated by the archbishop Belgorodsky and the Stary Oskol Ioann. The bell of a unification of the Slavic people which is established on a temple belltower, consecrated the Most Saint Patriarch of Moscow and all Russia Alexy II at visit of Hotmyzhsk in 1996.