Baikal State Nature Biosphere Reserve is located on adjacent lands three administrative regions of the Republic of Buryatia: Dzhida, Selenga and Kabansky.
Created in September 1969 on the basis of the Decision of Council of Ministers of the RSFSR.
The total area of ??the protected area is 167,871 ha, and the length of the border is 200 kilometers.
Along the perimeter of reserve covers a closed ring buffer zone.
The bandwidth of the buffer zone ranges from 0. 5 to 4 km, its total area - 34788 hectares.
Baikal National Park and its buffer zone on the List of World Heritage Sites by UNESCO as part of the nomination & quot; Lake Baikal & quot ;.
Creating a Baikal Reserve in 1969 was the result of the study for more than 100 years, the nature of the Khamar-Daban.
It worked founder of the new science & ndash;
biocenology Sukachev, Professor VV Lamakin, Corresponding Member of the USSR Academy of Sciences GI Galazii and other scientists from different cities and scientific institutions.
The idea of ??creating a nature reserve on the southern shore of the lake emerged in the early fifties of the last century among scientists involved in the study of the nature of this unique area of ??the Baikal region.
The authors of this idea, perhaps, be regarded as a professor at Irkutsk State University, botany AV Smirnov, and associate professor at the same university NA Epovu repeatedly been made botanical expeditions to various parts of the Khamar-Daban.
The first practical steps to create the reserve were made later, in 1968, on the initiative of a large enthusiast of Nature Protection of Lake Baikal and talented leader NT Antonenko, who headed the Office while hunting-trade economy Buryat ASSR.
In the preparation of documents required for the organization of the reserve, took an active part in the country's oldest employees Barguzinsky Reserve, headed by a candidate of agricultural sciences, lesovedom AI Tkachenko.
Their work was completed in September 1969 by the Government of the Russian Federation & nbsp; creation in Buryatia Baikal State Reserve, whose history begins from this point.
In a region where at present there is a reserve, at the time ran the path of many scientific expeditions.
In 1835, the flora of the area studied NS Turchaninov.
In 1877, here explored the terrain and geological structure of ID Cherskii.
In 1901, in the area of ??the river.
Pereёmnoy collected herbarium AF Fadeev.
In 1929, near the station Tankhoi expedition of Academician VN Sukachev.
Around the same time Khamar-Daban worked geological expedition Academician VA Obruchev.
Later there were conducted botanical research expeditions of the Irkutsk State University and the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, led by Professor Smirnov and M. Popov.
Fauna of terrestrial vertebrates examined, since the 30s, A. Fetisov, IK Lavrov, TN Gagina, GK Borovitskaya, IV Izmailov.
The village Tankhoi arose at the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries in connection with the construction of the Trans-Siberian Railway, and has played in this process a huge role.
Tankhoi is beautifully situated on the southern shore of Lake Baikal.
The construction of the road in search of a better life, people traveled from all over Russia.
Along the railway line there were new plant growing settlements.
During construction of the highway and the pier sharply increased the population Tankhoi station, where the docks, repair shops for cars on the wharf, in warehouses and on a railway line employed 300 workers, and Tanhoyskih coal mines employed over 400 ugledobytchikov.
The name of the village comes from the Buryat Tohoy, which means & laquo; bend, bend, bowl & raquo ;.
2 (15) July 1903 Tankhoi station and the first train arrived on the same day started Tankhoi port.
Prior to the completion of the Circum-Baikal Railway through the station and port Tankhoi carriage in Transbaikalia and in the opposite direction.
Section of the railway along the Baikal Lake was very complex, and its construction was delayed.
In Port Baikal and Tankhoi in 1904 were installed & laquo; wireless telegraph station & raquo ;, the first and only time in the province.
Then these ports have been established and powerful beacons.
Not far from the station building are water towers.
Initially, they were used for refueling locomotives with water.
While a large amount of water required for continuous operation of the railway, so the two towers functioned simultaneously.
With the change of technology has decreased the need for water, the older tower was closed.
Now only one & ndash;
West - works to provide the township with water.
In 1906, the railway was opened class school, and in 1909 & ndash;
hostel at the school for pupils from neighboring stations.
The school operates Railway Museum.
Most of the exhibits created by hands of students, here are presented the results of their research projects.
During the construction of the railway in the village Tankhoi was built.
It burned down in 1930.
Now the church is located in the back room of the club.
In 2010 began its restoration in its original form.
The drawings were made on the basis of the layout of the church that is stored in the school museum railway.
Building medical and dispensaries were built in 1904 and survived to the present time.
Before the revolution Tankhoi was the center of the parish, which includes all stations and other settlements from the station to the village Mishikha New Snow.
There was Zemstvo.
In 1918, Thanh one of the first in the Trans-Baikal emerged Council of Workers, Peasants and Soldiers' Deputies.
In the mid-30s Tankhoi port was rebuilt and worked until the end of the 60s.
Especially significant was his role in the war.
He was a transit point between the fishing collective farms, logging and other companies and railways, providing the needs of the front and rear.
In 1942-1943, based in the port Tankhoi evacuated to Lake Baikal from the Sevastopol naval school of coastal defense behalf of the Communist Youth of Ukraine.
Classes are conducted with students in built before the war the local high school.
August 1, 1943 in Thanh was promoted release of school officers of the Navy.
More than 100 soldiers from Tanhoya gave their lives for freedom and independence of their country.
Their names are engraved on the monument, located in the heart of the village.
For courage and heroism in battle against the German invaders, a native Tanhoya Lieutenant Colonel Vasily Fedorovich Morozov in 1945 was awarded the title Hero of the Soviet Union.
Sightseeing activities and ecotourism includes excursions on the trail, visit the collection fund and the Museum of Nature.
According to the reserve passes scientific and informative nature trail & laquo; in the spurs of the Khamar-Daban & raquo ;.
It is not only attractive for recreation, but also respectful of man and nature.
On the one hand, the task of the trail is a kind of natural educational program & ndash;
expansion of the visitors knowledge about the processes and phenomena of nature, on the other hand, the problem of conductors, guides & ndash;
teach their students to notice manifestations of human factors in the neighborhood trails and comprehensively evaluate them.
Recently made local history approach to lectures and excursions that best approximates the visitors to explore their places of residence, which further increase the volume and value of ecological traditions.
Contribute to this manor located on the central ekoetnogorodok - a set of Buryat yurt, tent and the Evenk Russian hut.
Environmental Education reserve potential is very large.
Protecting and studying the unique territory of the South Baikal Region, nature reserve can intelligently show people the beauty, wealth, preserve nature and involve the local population, primarily the younger generation & ndash;
students and schoolchildren, to direct conservation efforts.
The Museum of Baikal nature reserve established in 1973.
Exhibition of the Museum of Nature show the main directions of scientific research conducted by the staff of the reserve.
The most fully represented ornithological collection.
Great value has the exhibited material on & laquo; pathology monitoring & raquo ;.
Making the museum is subject to the principle of showing the basic natural complexes of reserve.
Most of the reserve occupies the mountain system of the Khamar-Daban with an extensive network of rivers and lakes, and only a small proportion are Pribaikalskaya terraces with numerous sphagnum bogs.
One of the exhibition reflects the rich experience of botanical research inventory of plant communities and the conservation of species diversity of flora.
& Nbsp; The vegetation cover of the reserve uzkoendemichnyh interesting by the presence of representatives of the relict species and complex, so are shown as separate herbarium specimens and plants as a part of the community.
Located near the center of the estate outdoor exhibition & quot; Ethnographic town & quot; Environmental traditions of the peoples of Transbaikalia & quot;
introduces visitors to the life and culture of the indigenous inhabitants of Buryatia, their traditional homes: wooden Buryat yurt, Evenk bark chum and Russian hut.
The main mission of this complex & ndash;
show human interaction with the ecosystem to demonstrate experience of everyday life of Transbaikalia, based on ecological traditions and careful environmental management.
The visitor center "Central" Living in "central" visitor center all year round.
Housing Fund – 18 seats.
The visitor center is located in the village Tankhoi (Kabansky region, Republic of Buryatia).
Prior Lake Baikal can be reached within 5 minutes.
outdoor exhibition & quot;Baikal on the palm" and & laquo; & raquo ;, Etnogorodok in Central manor reserve - at a distance of 1 km. &Nbsp; At 100 meters from the visitor center there is a grocery store.
Well developed building visitor center is equipped with the type of the property.
To accommodate presented rooms for two, three, four, six, which has everything you need for living: bed, bedside tables, chairs.
The double superior room has a separate shower and a TV.
The price includes: use of the kitchen (refrigerator, electric / gas and microwave, crockery).
Overall guest room (WI-FI, TV, video on the reserved category), toilet, shower, hot water, washing machine, parking.
Reservation possible places: +7 (30138) 93-7-41, & nbsp;
by e-mail, via electronic form.
Ecological Tourist Complex & quot; Omulёvy & quot;
Location: on the banks of the river Duliha (6 km from the village Tankhoi towards Irkutsk on the federal highway M 55).
Operation - year-round.
Total number of beds & ndash;
12. Prior to the lake - 5 minutes walk.
There are 4 wooden cabins to stay in every three people.
There is also a guest house with a fireplace.
Heating stove (firewood provided).
Dining and grocery stores in there.
Gas stoves and utensils are available in every home.
Minimum stay on campus - 1 day.
Additional services: delivery transport route Reserve & laquo; Tankhoi-Omulёvy tanha & raquo ;.
Accommodation request is sent to the Administration of the reserve is not less than 24 hours before the & nbsp;
Perhaps seat reservation by phone: + 7 (30138) 93-7- 41, by e-mail, via electronic form.
Ecological Tourist Complex & laquo; Mishikha & raquo;
Operation from 1 May to 31 October.
Total number of beds - 14. Located 30 km from the village Tankhoi towards Ulan-Ude on the federal highway M 55. Lake Baikal & ndash;
5 minutes walk away.
Prior to the ornithological station Bird Banding «Baikal» - 15 minutes on foot.
The Territory has 3 wooden cabins for stays of 4 to 6 people.
A separate room for the dining room, where there is an electric / gas / microwave.
Grocery Stores in there.
Minimum stay on campus - 1 day.
& Nbsp; The application for accommodation is sent to the Administration of the reserve is not less than 24 hours before the date of the visit.
Perhaps seat reservation by phone: +7 (30138) 93-7-41, & nbsp; e-mail: through an online form.
Located in the village of Tankhoi (200 meters from the central reserve of the estate).
To Lake Baikal, 15 minutes on foot.
Prior to exposure in the open air & laquo; Etnogorodok & raquo;
Central Manor on reserve and the starting point of tour itineraries & ndash;
5 minutes walk.
Total number of beds – 20.
Camping is located in the open air and consists of two domed houses for 10 people.
The campsite provides flooring for tents for 10 people.
Kitchen shared in a separate room.
The price includes: accommodation, WI-FI, use of kitchen (refrigerator, electric / gas cooker, a minimum set of dishes).
Toilet and shower.
For the volunteers, students, interns stay in camping besplatnoe.
Travel by train:
The station Tankhoi & nbsp; East Siberian Railway
The distance from Ulan-Ude - 230 km.
Distance from Irkutsk - 220 km.